During the time of fasting, it is essential to stay healthy and fit as to not have any negative reactions on your body, especially when you have to keep your job or school performance up.
Here are some ways to stay healthy throughout Ramadan…
1. Stay Hydrated – Drink a lot of water and fluids to rehydrate your body after a long day without water.
2. Do not skip “Souhour” – Going without your morning boost of nutrients is bad for your body because you need this meal to have your energy.
3. Eat Fruits & Veggies – Eat at least 7 servings of fruits and vegetables in order to obtain your daily needed amount.
4. Avoid Sugary Foods – Processed and sugar-filled foods contain fast-burning carbs that are quickly used by your body after digestion and hold little nutritional value.
5. Start With Soup – Start your Iftar with soup in order to fill with nutrients and soothe your empty stomach.