When the weather is sunny and warm, it becomes tempting to take in the sunshine and enjoy your day outdoors. In order to avoid sunburn and heat stroke, it’s important to take certain precautions, especially when it comes to young children or the elderly.
1. Use a sunscreen that protects your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Even if the sunburn will not show on your skin, your skin cells may be damaged which can later cause skin cancer.
2. Wear a hat and sunglasses in order to protect your head and eyes from UV rays.
3. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and keep your body cool, because when you sweat, your body loses water.
4. Don’t overexert your body when it is too hot outside. Remain indoors, or if you are outdoors, avoid too much physical activity.
5. Use fans and air conditioning to keep your living space and car cool.